Friday, September 25, 2009

friday "show & tell"

A few people have asked me what type of camera I use so I thought I would have show & tell today!

This is actually my "hunk o' burning loves" camera...but what is his... is mine...right?


This little baby is just mine....but the "hunk" can borrow it if he gives me a foot rub.

Both camera's work well, the smaller one is not fancy but it is a GREAT alternative to lugging a "ginormous" piece of equipment in your purse. I use the little one when we are out at the park or at the beach.

The software that I just started using on the pictures is from Flickr and available to anyone. It does cost money (but only 25 buckaroos which is reasonable) and you are able to do a great deal of fun and easy editing with the program.

Once you create an account at Flickr (which is also free) you can upload your pictures and they will keep them for you. So if your computer crashes and you didn't remember to back up your digitals then they will be safe on Flickr.

I like this.

Some more things I like about Flickr:

Easy to use site.
It's Free (or if you upgrade...it is a reasonable charge).
The photos on there from other artists are AMAZING!
You can blog other people's photos if they give permission (many do!).
You can order prints or coffee mugs or mouse pads to your hearts delight.

Things I don't like:

You need to be careful when your family is viewing this site. The human body is an art form (one of the most beautiful handiwork's of God). However, sending your prepubescent son on the site without mom and dad acting as a "filter" could wind up causing you some angst.

In other words, use your head and watch your children closely when online.

I am a novice. I have no idea what I'm doing when I work with the camera, I just click the shutter...a lot! And usually, I get one or two that I really like.

One day, I will slow down and take a class and actually learn how to adjust shutter speeds and light apertures. One day, I will buy photoshop (oh how I love thee) and I will learn how to adjust "temperature" and "saturation" and it will be lovely.

One day.

Encourage,
~Raine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones