Thursday, January 7, 2010

Festival of trees....well..."ginger trees" that is

This past December we had Christmas a couple of weeks early. My family, my amazing parents, my beautiful sisters, and my often sarcastic and funny brothers all headed for the hills.

18 people, 16 paper snowflakes, 15 ginger trees, 11 family meals, 8 different types of desserts, 6 bathrooms, 5 days, 4 nights, 3 reasons to celebrate, all on 1 big snowy mountain.


Here are some pictures of our "ginger tree" decorating competition. It was pretty fierce this year.



Lilly's Ginger TreeLilly's ginger tree
Lilly's Tree

Whitney's TreeNora's Tree Two
Whitney's Tree

Nora's treeNora's Ginger tree
Nora's Tree

Mitchell's TreeMitchell's Tree Two
Mitchell's Tree

My sister's treeChelli's ginger tree
My Sister's Tree (and yes, she will hurt me if she finds out I posted this picture of her...but in all fairness she did strip me naked once and lock me outside when I was eleven...so I think we can call it good now!)

Brother Caleb had some trouble with Tree #1...he cried.
Brother Caleb Tree #1Caleb Tree #1
Actually...we all cried.

Momsie's TreeWhite candy tree
Momsie's Tree and an imposter tree...nice try brother Caleb.

Jake and TreeJake eating tree
Jake...eating his Tree.

Sister Alli and her TreeAlli's tree two
Sister Alli and her Tree.

Santa Bill's TreeAlli and Bill
"Santa" Bill's Tree

Wesley's TreeWesley and his tree
The "Boy's" Tree.


Brother Micah's treeMicah
Brother Micah's Tree.

Ella's TreeElla's ginger tree
Ella Bella's Tree

Hunk o' burning loves treeFather and on
My "hunk o' burning love" and his Tree (be still my heart)

Graceful and her TreeOlivia Grace and her Tree
Graceful's Tree.

Lilly is our big winner for the "under 18" tree decorating contest!!
Lilly's prize

The big winner for the adults....
The winnerGinger Winner
King and Queen
The King and Queen of our Castle!!


"The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck"

Encourage~
Raine


Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones