Saturday, September 19, 2009

Thats "anne" with an "e"

When I was MUCH younger...I used to watch this...

O.K., I confess...I still watch this and I still love it. It speaks to my 14 year old soul Internet...the countryside, the vintage houses, the farm animals, the beautiful clothing, the red hair...the freckles.

When this came out on video,for the first time I felt beautiful. I was in junior high, I had reddish dishwater blond hair (cut in a fashionable mullet) and I was disdainfully FRECKLED. I cried a lot.

Then I found her.


"I've always dreamed of having a "bosom" friend...a true kindred spirit"


My bosom friend, my kindred spirit. I found her in the 8th grade. She made me laugh and she made me cry and she loved me for me. We would talk about our dreams and our future husbands and having tea on the veranda. She was my maid of honor in my wedding and I hers.

To my dearest and most loveliest friend. Thank you for getting me through the 8th grade, for talking me into growing out my mullet, and for thinking that freckles were cute.

I love you.

Encourage,
Raine with an "e"

P.S. Yes, I think I will use my middle name as my "pen" name. And yes, my parents DID really name me raine...with an "e".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones