Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bed bugs bite...

In school we have been learning about the integument system. I like to say this word...."in-teg-u-ment"... as it makes me appear educated (but basically, it is just a “fancy shmancy” word for our skin, hair, and nails).

I’ve learned so much over the last few weeks. Our body hair, for example, is not meant to keep us warm but is used for protection(think eyelashes and dust) and as a sensory tool(so we know when something creepy... is crawling on us). Keeping this in mind...

Last night, I had been up late studying for an exam on the brain. (You could say that I went to bed with "brain"...on the brain.) Being the polite, fair maiden that I am, I didn’t want to wake my “hunk o’ burning love” when I finally went to bed. So I crept into our bedroom, shut the door and quietly slipped into bed.

The “hunk o’ burning love” rolled over and was breathing (snoring) on me. (It was at this point that I figured it probably was not a good idea to slam back a white chocolate vanilla latte at 5:00 p.m...but the damage was done so I just laid in bed... tired...and awake.)

I was feeling the “hunk o’ burning love’s” breath on my neck...it tickled. I was thinking about the integument system...and body hair...and how wonderful it is.

Then I noticed that the “hunk“ wasn’t breathing as hard anymore...in fact, he had moved and wasn‘t breathing on me at all...yet I felt something...something crawling... on my neck.

ME: Acck!! A spider, a spider! (At this point I am on my feet.)

HUNK: Huh??

ME: Turn on the light...Turn on the light!!

HUNK: What??

ME: ACCK!!

HUNK: Found light switch, flipped said light switch on.

Right there...right where my pretty little head was laying...was THIS.



Silverfish, originally uploaded by LVshooter.



(I began jumping up and down screeching...)

ME: Squish it!!! Squash it!! Ewwwwww...

HUNK: With what??

ME: I don‘t care!! Hurry you big hunk.

HUNK: With bare hands....“SQUISH” (he is so brave)

ME: Running around the room...hyperventilating.. with the "ebbie geebie's"....ugh

After all the excitement...my “brave hero” and I went (tried)to fall back to sleep.

All this to say...God bless your integument system...and Tylenol PM.

Encourage one another,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones