Wednesday, April 8, 2009

School


Walt Disney's school desk, originally uploaded by caniswolfie.



Yesterday I had my nose in the air Internet. I do this from time to time. Thinking that I am the top banana, the big cheese, the cat's meow. I had a test that I was so prepared for...I could have aced it in my sleep...hah!

The funny thing in life is that frequently we aren't as awesome as we think we are(I know...can you beleive it?). I went to class last night thinking I had it all figured out only to discover with minutes before an exam that I didn't study all the material I was supposed to(insert panic attack here).

I have only had a handful of panic attacks...last night was one of them. I immediately began to sweat, I couldn't breath, my eyes filled with tears, and my stomach felt like rejecting dinner.

I crammed for as long as I could and I had some amazing support from fellow classmates (who had actually read the lab handout and studied everything that was on the test...go figure)!

Surprisingly...I did well (I'm not bragging here...God was definetly pouring down some grace...and speedy short term memory recall...which is unusual for me).

Sometimes...falling on your face and having a little panic isn't such a bad thing. I of course don't want to repeat this too often...just enough to remind me who I am now and then...and who I am not.

Encourage one another,
Jodi

P.S. An interesting factoid...the desk above belonged to Walt Disney and is currently on display in Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones