Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love affair with hair

Today was my "hair day" Internet. I have to admit it....I love getting my hair done. A few years back I was so frugal that there was no way I was going to pay someone that much money to cut my hair. My idea of color came from a box on the shelf at Walmart (and not just any box...the cheapest box). Then one day....I had the most terrible hair experience of my LIFE (seriously, I'm not being dramatic here...well maybe just a little).

I went to a salon almost two years ago and my hair was BUTCHERED (you know the kind where you wake up the next morning and you think "oh my gosh, how did my two year old cut my hair in the middle of the night without me noticing!!")

I am not the type of person to complain (well o.k., ummm...maybe I do...just a little...) and I went back to the salon to confront the staff. I had disguised the bad cut with a ponytail and a hat (I love hats). When I took my hair out to show the staff, the entire room broke out into an audible "gasp"....so it wasn't just me who thought the cut was inhumane...I sighed a sigh of relief.

The gal that had destroyed my beautiful locks wasn't working that day and this nice "new girl" named Carrie offered to "fix" it. The new girl.....hmmmm....risky. But Internet, when a girl is desperate...you will try anything (even the"new" girl).

It turned out that the Carrie was the BEST hairstylist I have ever had! She fixed the cut by cutting each side upside down! It was crazy! But more importantly...it worked.

Since I met dear Carrie, we have been having a "love affair with hair"and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Encourage one another,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones