Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Horrific Injustice

Do you get grouchy when you don't get enough sleep? The kids all have the "ho-hums" this evening. They are convinced that all their friends are out doing something fantastic while they are just at home with their "fuddy duddy" parents.

I first realized that the kids might be on overload tonight when the mere mention of having chicken teriyaki for dinner caused one of them to burst into tears. Seriously. Big fat tears of dismay (which seems to be a common occurrence when I cook).

Another said child tried to eat a bowl of cereal (20 minutes before dinner) and was told "no". This caused a wave of over exaggerated movements as she "huffed" and "stomped" while putting the cereal away (drastically rolling her eyes behind my back mind you).
(If you wonder how I know this it is because I am a super hero... incognito.)

When I announced that the kiddo's are all going to bed early tonight an outcry ensued (and more eye rolling came forth..but this time from me). This "horrific injustice" must take place tonight not only for the health of the dear little ones but also to keep my sanity intact.

Encourage one another,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones