Wednesday, November 26, 2008

try not to grumble...try not to grumble...try..try..try


mop and bucket., originally uploaded by kunkelstein.

Did you know that the name Parker has two meanings? One of the meanings is "keeper of the park"...this is the most common one people know of. Did you also know that it means "to try"?

When I found this out it actually made me cry. Parker doesn't mean to succeed or to always be happy, rich, or famous.

Nope.

It just means "to try".

Today internet, I am "trying" not to grumble. This can be hard for me. The Bible says to "do all things without grumbling or complaining" (this verse in itself can cause one to grumble...).

So, let me enlighten you as to why I am in a "grumbly sort of mood" today. We get a call from a "realtor "last night who wants to show the house...in one hour.

One hour internet.

Now, I've learned a lot with age and one of the things I've learned is that it is O.K. to say "No" .

So I said it.

No!

We set up an appointment for the lovely couple to come and see the house today at 10:00. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that someone wants to see the house and of course this is what we have been praying for. I just have one question though???

Why the day... before... Thanksgiving?

Why?

I have things to do internet, classes to study for, groceries to buy. Most importantly....I was gonna sleep in this morning (yikes! Does this sound like grumbling?).

So if you are having a rushed about kind of day. And if you are feeling overwhelmed or under appreciated. If you clean your house for the holiday (or the realtor) and one hour later you can no longer tell that you cleaned. If you make a pie and it doesn't turn out well, if you stress because you do not have things exactly the way you wished them to be.

Remember that life is about loving, living and giving interent.....so "try" looking on the bright side. You won't regret it.

Encourage one another,

Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones